If you’ve just bought a new HP Deskjet 3755 printer and are unsure how to connect it to your Wifi, fear not! We’ll take you through it step by step. It’s a bit like baking a cake: yes, there are a few steps you’ll need to follow, but once you’ve done it once, it’s pretty straightforward every time after that!
First things first: make sure your printer is switched on and that it’s close enough to your Wifi router. Like a small bumblebee trying to find its way back to the hive, your printer needs to be within a certain distance of your router to connect successfully. Once you’ve got those sorted, you’ll want to follow the instructions on the printer’s screen – it will guide you through connecting to Wifi in a few easy clicks.
Preparing the Printer and Network Connection
Before you begin setting up your HP Deskjet 3755 printer to your Wi-Fi connection, ensure that the printer is within the range of your wireless network and that it is turned on and ready to be connected.
You can verify that the printer is turned on by checking if the power button is lit up. If it isn’t, press the power button located on the control panel of the printer to turn it on.
Once the printer is switched on, check if there is enough ink in the cartridges. If the ink levels are low, it’s recommended to replace them before starting the setup process. Having enough ink will help to avoid any interruptions during the printing process.
If you haven’t already, connect the power cord to the printer and plug it into an electrical outlet. Make sure all cords and cables are properly connected to the printer before proceeding with the Wi-Fi setup.
After ensuring that the printer is ready and connected to a power source, proceed to configure the Wi-Fi connection following the steps below:
Step 1 – Connect the Printer to the Wi-Fi Signal
The first step to connect the HP Deskjet 3755 Printer to Wi-Fi is to establish a connection with the wireless network. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Press and hold the Wireless button located on the control panel of the printer. The button may be indicated by a gear icon. The Wireless LED should now start to blink.
- Quickly go to your Wi-Fi router and press the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button. The location of the WPS button may differ, depending on your router’s manufacturer. It may be on the side, back, front or top of the router. Refer to the router’s manual if you can’t find the WPS button.
- The printer will now start scanning and connecting to your wireless network. Wait for a few minutes until the printer establishes a connection to your Wi-Fi.
- Once the printer is connected, you will see a blue light on the control panel, indicating that the wireless connection is active.
If your router is not WPS enabled, you will have to connect your printer to the wireless network using the HP Smart app or a computer with a web browser. The setup for this can be found on the HP website.
Step 2 – Download and Install the Printer Software
Now that your printer is successfully connected to Wi-Fi, download and install the printer software on your computer or mobile device. Follow these steps to download and install the printer software:
- Go to 123.hp.com/setup.
- Enter the name of the printer in the search box, and select your printer from the list of devices that appear.
- Click “Download” on the page that follows to begin the download and installation of the printer software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software on your device.
- Once installed, open the printer application and follow the prompts to add your printer to the list of available devices.
If the software doesn’t automatically install, you can download the drivers and software on the HP website.
Step 3 – Print a Test Page
The final step is to print a test page to ensure the printer is connected to the Wi-Fi network and that the software is working correctly. Follow these simple steps to print a test page:
- Open the printer software on your device or go to the Control Panel and select Printers and Devices.
- Choose the printer you want to use, and right-click on it.
- Select “Properties” and go to the “General” tab.
- Click on the “Print Test Page” button.
The printer should print a test page, indicating that it is connected to the Wi-Fi network and working correctly. If the test page does not print, try restarting the printer and repeating the process.
You’re now ready to start printing from your connected HP Deskjet 3755 Printer. Follow these steps to print wirelessly from connected devices:
- Open the document you want to print, click on “File”, and select “Print”.
- Select the printer. Ensure that the correct printer is selected, or click the drop-down menu and select the correct device.
- Click “Print”.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully connected your HP Deskjet 3755 Printer to Wi-Fi. Enjoy the convenience of printing from your connected devices without the need for any extra cords or cables.
If you’re looking to sell your art prints, we recommend checking out the best site to sell art prints for some helpful tips and tricks.
Connecting the Printer to the Network
If you’ve recently purchased an HP DeskJet 3755 printer, one of the first things you’ll need to do is connect it to your Wi-Fi network. Without an active Wi-Fi connection, you won’t be able to print documents wirelessly from your computer or mobile device. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get your printer up and running on your Wi-Fi network.
Accessing the Wireless Setup Wizard
The first step in connecting your HP DeskJet 3755 printer to your Wi-Fi network is to access the printer’s Wireless Setup Wizard. Here’s how:
- Turn on your HP DeskJet 3755 printer. Wait for it to idle until the printer is quiet before continuing.
- Press the “Wireless” button on the printer’s control panel. The blue light next to this button should start flashing.
- Press and hold the “Cancel” and “Wireless” buttons together for 5 seconds. The Wireless Setup Wizard should appear on the printer’s control panel screen.
Once you’ve accessed the Wireless Setup Wizard, you can begin the process of connecting your printer to your Wi-Fi network.
Selecting Your Wi-Fi Network
After accessing the Wireless Setup Wizard, you’ll be asked to select your Wi-Fi network. Here’s how:
- Use the up and down arrow buttons on the printer’s control panel to scroll to your network’s name. The name will be listed in a list of available networks.
- Press the “OK” button to select your network.
Once you’ve selected your Wi-Fi network, you’ll be prompted to enter your network’s password.
Entering Your Network Password
The final step in connecting your HP DeskJet 3755 printer to your Wi-Fi network is to enter your network’s password. Here’s how:
- Use the up and down arrow buttons on the printer’s control panel to scroll to the box that says “Enter Password”.
- Use the letters and numbers on the printer’s control panel to enter your network’s password. Be sure to enter every character correctly, as a single wrong character will prevent your printer from connecting to your Wi-Fi network.
- Press the “OK” button to submit your network’s password.
Once you’ve entered your network’s password, your HP DeskJet 3755 printer should connect to your Wi-Fi network. You can confirm a successful connection by printing a test page.
If you’re using a Windows 10 device, you’ll want to check out our guide on the best photo printing software for Windows 10 to ensure your photos come out looking great.
Verifying the Connection and Completing Setup
After connecting your HP Deskjet 3755 printer to the wireless network, it’s essential to verify the connection to ensure seamless printing. Here’s how to check the connection:
- Print a Wireless Test Report: This report shows the printer’s connectivity status, network name, signal strength, and status of any errors. To print the wireless test report, press and hold the “Cancel” and “Wireless” buttons on the printer control panel simultaneously for three seconds. The printer prints the network configuration page and wireless test report, and you can check the report for the network status.
- Install the Printer Driver: Even after connecting the printer to the network, it won’t print until you install the printer driver. Here’s how to complete set up with the HP Smart App or the HP website:
- Using the HP Smart App: Download the HP Smart App on your computer or mobile device and use it to add your printer. The app automatically detects the printer model and installs the software. Follow the prompts to complete the installation process.
- Using the HP Website: Visit the HP Support website and enter your printer model. Download the driver software compatible with your OS and follow the prompts to install it on your device. Ensure to select the wireless network connection during installation.
Once installed, the computer can communicate with the printer, and you can print from the computer wirelessly.
- Additional Tips: If the test report shows an error, consider moving the printer closer to the wireless router or re-adding the printer to the network. You can also update the printer firmware to fix connectivity issues. Additionally, Ensure that the HP Deskjet 3755 and connected devices are on the same wireless network.
Verifying the connection and completing setup is crucial to ensure your HP Deskjet 3755 printer is correctly connected to the wireless network and ready to use. Following these steps can help you avoid printing errors and enjoy a seamless printing experience.
In order to set up your HP Deskjet 3755 printer, you can follow our guide on the best software for 3D printer design.